Smolensk 9 (former Industrial Museum)
The building designed by T.Stryjenski (structure), J. Czajkowski (facade, staircase);
W. Jastrzębows (furnishings), Jan Uziębło (stained glass windows in the staircase).
The window consists of 3 separate windows on ground-, first - and second floor. The ground floor window
is the pilot one. The windows were probably designed by Henryk Uzieblo and executed around 1913 by
Krakow Stained Glass Company S.G. Żeleński (in existence since 1902). Classic stained glass made of
unpainted, rolled and coloured glass, locally with gilding on the outer side of glass. Pieces of glass joined
with lead cames. No painting layer.
Restauration took place in the seventies of 20th century with epoxy resin Epidian® (probably Epidian® 53). The resin was
applied from inside only, without dismantling either panels nor
glass. The resin has not penetrated to the break, leaving it
opened from outside.
More information about the window is available in the Object-Data
by Constglass FhG ISC. A short description about scientific investigations can be reached directly: here.