The window N VI is part of a monumental cycle in the clerestory of the choir dating to around 1300. The lower third of each window depicts four kings, alternately young and old, who stand in richly ornamented architectural tabernacles whose consoles are decorated with coats of arms. Above the figures stretch ornamental lancets with complex, interlacing patterns.
The Ormocer® protective system (on the external side of the panel) was applied in 1989 to Panel 4bL in several layers:
- base lacquer (50% Ormocer® + 50% Paraloid® B 72,
dissolved in ethyl acetate 1:3), applied twice;
- protective lacquer (50% Ormocer® + 50% Paraloid®,
dissolved in ethyl acetate 1:10), applied three times;
inorganic pigments (glass flakes) were inserted into each
- covering layer: Paraloid® B 72, dissolved in Toluene 1:9,
More information about the window is available in the
Object-Data by Constglass FhG ISC.
A short description about scientific investigations can be reached directly: here